13.5.14

I don’t need to have all the answers: Why I chose LIFE Pacific College

About two years ago, I decided to transfer to LIFE Pacific College in order to finish my B.A. I confess that during the past two years, I was not completely sure why I did that, but now I know.

My dad is both a lawyer and a pastor. He is a great example of both. Although he is an amazing pastor, I wanted to follow his steps and become a great lawyer: NOT A PASTOR! And why? Because I didn’t want to be poor. So I decided that I would become a lawyer and never marry a pastor. Before I met Tyler (my husband), I was in law school in Brazil. I did not speak any English, and I could hardly understand “hi” or “nice to meet you.” Although Tyler was in bible school when I met him, I never imagined he would become a pastor, but I was in love and quit law school anyways. :D

After a year in America, I had learned enough English to go back to school. I received an A.S. in Paralegal Studies from Mt. San Antonio College in 2012, and decided to continue my education and pursue a B.A. in Ministry & Leadership from LIFE Pacific College. In the beginning I was not sure why I wanted to study at LIFE. In part I loved the campus, the program, the professors, but part of me also found that it would be the fastest and cheapest way to get myself back in Law School, since in America having a B.A. is one of the requirements for Law School - different from Brazil. The truth is that although I did not know why I was going to LIFE, I knew that I was supposed to be there. I knew that it was the right decision and place for me. During the program, I learned a lot, I grew a lot, I was molded, trained, and transformed. I was invited to “DREAM BIG,” and I did!

My journey at LIFE was tough: working full-time, studying full-time, and serving at the church every weekend. I did not have much time left for myself or to go out with my husband. I didn’t have time to clean my house like a good Brazilian wife, or to cook for my husband. I didn’t have time to socialize. And when people asked me what I was studying and what I was going to do with my degree, I wanted to hide because I didn’t know what to say. I always have the answers, but not for this one. So every time someone asked me what’s next, my answer would be law school. At least this way they would stop asking questions that I could not answer.

Last Saturday (May 10, 2014), I graduated from LIFE Pacific College, and I understood why I went to LPC. When I was there, wearing the beautiful regalia, everything made sense. It is not about receiving a degree, it is about obeying a calling. I was called for ministry. And, although I do not have all the answers yet, it is okay! I don’t need to have all the answers. I just need to keep obeying the Lord and accept my calling. During the two years at LIFE I was invited to DREAM BIG, and I did! I obeyed my call and was prepared for ministry. I still don’t know everything that God has called me to do, but I am ready to live the DREAM!

“You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain” (John 15:16a).

I was chosen to GO and BEAR FRUIT, and that’s what I will do.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário